I can help you win research funding and boost the impact of your research. My expertise is based on 15 years in research, funding and impact management. Whether you're just starting out in academia, you're an established researcher or a research leader, here are some examples of how I can help.
- Advice on understanding and planning impact.
- Development and review of impact plans (e.g. Pathways to Impact).
- REF impact case study development and review.
- Impact writing retreats.
- Development of institutional impact-monitoring exercises.
- Advice on impact evidence.
- Training on all aspects of impact from the basics to writing 4* impact case studies.
- Scoping funding opportunities.
- Supporting the development of proposals.
- Support the development of Pathways to Impact plans.
- Reviewing proposals.
- Advice on PI’s response to reviewers.
- Preparation for funding interview.
- Mock peer review panels.
- Bid writing retreats.
- Training in all aspects of research funding for all career stages.
For individual academics I offer one-to-one support (e.g. reviewing/developing funding bids and impact case studies, funder interview preparation).
For groups of academics I offer training and facilitation (e.g. funding and impact skills/awareness, mock funder panels).
For departments/institutions I design and deliver schemes and strategies to improve institutional performance.
Academic life is tough. Jobs, papers, funding - no matter how senior or successful you are, the rejections usually outweigh the wins. The last thing you need is more pressure to increase your funding or demonstrate your impact. My approach is to work with academics to make all this easier.
When working one-to-one I provide constructive, motivating contributions to help academics find their own way. In training, I don't do standard packages - I tailor my sessions to the needs of attendees and their institutions, always with a focus on actionable learning. When working at the faculty and institutional level I aim for lasting organisational development.
The point is I'm not just here to deliver a service, I'm here to help you succeed in the long term.